Powdery Mildew Symptoms and ControlPosted Sunday, January 16, 2022 ( 9 months ago)
Last updated: January 18th, 2022
Pathogen - Oidium nephalea
The disease is most prevalent in high humidity and ambient temperatures of around 25 C. It can infect all the aerial parts of the plant and is characterized by the appearance of light yellow spots on the upper surface of the leaves and the development of gray fungal networks on the lower surface. Later the whole leaf is covered with a white powdery substance and when severely infected the leaf sheds.
Powdery Mildew / Oidium nephalea
- Infect the young leaves.
- Abundant during the rainy season.
- The white-gray fungus can be seen as ash scattered on the young leaves.
- The small leaves shrink and deform.
- Infected shoots are also gray.
- The leaves fall off prematurely.
- Shoots are then killed.
Repression / Powdery mildew treatment
- Allow the tree to receive good sunlight.
- Add the fallen leaves and set on fire.
- Apply a copper-containing fungicide to the tree.